Crumbly, delicious scones don't need tons of gluten. These are free of refined grains, sugars, and oils; and full of healthy fats, antioxidants, and flavor. They are perfect for Paleo eaters or anyone looking for a sweet but healthy treat. (Can't find cashew flour? Grind some up at home with the nuts and a blender.)
- 1 1/3 cups cashew, almond, or hazelnut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine cashew flour, arrowroot flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a second bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir using a spatula until a well-combined dough forms.
- Fold in blueberries. Pour batter into a round 9-inch pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until crust becomes golden brown. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting with a pizza cutter or knife.